For Malay speaking friends, please do not think this is some kinda cake that calls Sim. This is a Hokkien translation of Malay sakit hati or English heartache.
I feel so "kek sim" about someone. He is a friend but he has lost his faith. He resents God because of some unhappy events/incidents happened in the past. He cannot see the good side of God and enjoys his current life.
It is surely, none of my business to care about how he is living because we were not so called close friends. But he is a friend and I felt the responsibility to let him know that God is not what he thinks so. The unhappy events were caused by human beings that do not rely 100% of their lives on God.
Although, I am not relying myself 100% on God yet but I see the importance of achieving that and I felt so heart broken when I saw his face of dissappointment with God. Whenever I bring this topic up, he is more or less telling me that he is interested but with a boring face.
Well, I think, this is a common problem we all have. We said we love someone but when that someone doesn't respond to our love, we will no longer love him/her. We often choose to only love things that please us. What about events of sufferings that helped us to grow? In the process, we hate those events and we do not like to follow them. We bring more sufferings to ourselves.
My toe nails always grow into the flesh beside the nails and this caused huge uncomfortable until I cannot walk. To make sure I can feel comfortable, I had to use sharp edge scissors to cut out the nails which is a painful process but it is sure to bring peace after I do that. I think the life process is more or less similar. There are nails cutting into the flesh like all earthly events we go through everyday. We will not feel it until it is so deep into the flesh, we could feel the pain killing us. And then we cry out to God and ask Him why didn't He remove those events. Then, we felt greater pain because God is working to remove the nails. But instead of trusting God to cut the nails, we shouted, stop, I'd rather stay with the average pain then to break free from it. We just do not want to suffer greater pain which we do not know but will free us later.
Well, what Jesus said in the Bible is so true that sometimes the good has been revealed to us but we do not understand and know and foremost trust that it will lead us to freedom.
Remain in sin is comfortable because you have already used to the pain. To break free, we need faith and trust that God is always there throughout the process. Our sufferings will end with joy and peace one day. Til then, keep it on. Have faith and march on.
I hope one day, this friend that give me a heartache will see and realise how God is good and great to him and he will rely and love God again.
I feel so "kek sim" about someone. He is a friend but he has lost his faith. He resents God because of some unhappy events/incidents happened in the past. He cannot see the good side of God and enjoys his current life.
It is surely, none of my business to care about how he is living because we were not so called close friends. But he is a friend and I felt the responsibility to let him know that God is not what he thinks so. The unhappy events were caused by human beings that do not rely 100% of their lives on God.
Although, I am not relying myself 100% on God yet but I see the importance of achieving that and I felt so heart broken when I saw his face of dissappointment with God. Whenever I bring this topic up, he is more or less telling me that he is interested but with a boring face.
Well, I think, this is a common problem we all have. We said we love someone but when that someone doesn't respond to our love, we will no longer love him/her. We often choose to only love things that please us. What about events of sufferings that helped us to grow? In the process, we hate those events and we do not like to follow them. We bring more sufferings to ourselves.
My toe nails always grow into the flesh beside the nails and this caused huge uncomfortable until I cannot walk. To make sure I can feel comfortable, I had to use sharp edge scissors to cut out the nails which is a painful process but it is sure to bring peace after I do that. I think the life process is more or less similar. There are nails cutting into the flesh like all earthly events we go through everyday. We will not feel it until it is so deep into the flesh, we could feel the pain killing us. And then we cry out to God and ask Him why didn't He remove those events. Then, we felt greater pain because God is working to remove the nails. But instead of trusting God to cut the nails, we shouted, stop, I'd rather stay with the average pain then to break free from it. We just do not want to suffer greater pain which we do not know but will free us later.
Well, what Jesus said in the Bible is so true that sometimes the good has been revealed to us but we do not understand and know and foremost trust that it will lead us to freedom.
Remain in sin is comfortable because you have already used to the pain. To break free, we need faith and trust that God is always there throughout the process. Our sufferings will end with joy and peace one day. Til then, keep it on. Have faith and march on.
I hope one day, this friend that give me a heartache will see and realise how God is good and great to him and he will rely and love God again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are welcome to post comments but I will decide whether you comments is shown to public or not. Anyway, thanks for the comment!